The new draft bill that was tabled in parliament on Wednesday addresses old demands of employees, protects work and will improve the daily lives of thousands of employees and those insured, Labour Minister Efi Achtsioglou said on Thursday.
Speaking to public TV station ERT, she said the bill does is not one of the reforms demanded by the institutions but the government's "obligation and initiative" to protect labour rights.
Achtsioglou said many of the provisions emerged after talks with employees and labour unions and constitute "long-standing and fair demands of specific social groups which are fair and have to be resolved".
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon