The greater part of Saronic Gulf‘s coast will have been cleaned in the next 20-30 days, Deputy Shipping Minister Nektarios Santorinios said on Monday, underlining that the government is seeking the best solutions for tackling the pollution problem.
Speaking to SKAI TV, he also stressed that, if any mistakes were made, then Shipping Minister Panagiotis Kouroumblis and himself had made them together.
Santorinios denied that the government’s response had been delayed and noted that an oil boom to contain the spill was placed around the tanker just a few hours after it sank. Until that moment, he added, approximately 300 tons of oil had already escaped.
Finally, he said that the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research is taking measurements and the public will be informed when the problem has been addressed and the beaches are once again safe for swimming.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Was protester attacked by Macron top aide Greek?
- Anarchist collective Rouvikonas attack Psychico tax office
- Επίθεση Ρουβίκωνα στη ΔΟΥ Ψυχικού
- Στη 2η θέση στη λίστα των ευρωπαϊκών χωρών με τις περισσότερες καθυστερήσεις πτήσεων η Ελλάδα
- Κοτζιάς: Η εποχή που θεωρούνταν διπλωματία το να κάνεις την κότα πέρασε