Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras on Friday held talks with European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy Miguel Arias Ca?ete, as well as Maltese Minister for Energy and Water Management Joe Mizzi, on the sidelines of a Clean Energy for EU Islands forum held in Chania, Crete.
The discussion focused on the European Commission's programme for clean energy on EU islands, as agreed by EU countries in Valletta in May.
The prime minister then visited the old port in Chania, accompanied by Environment and Energy Minister George Stathakis and Alternate Health Minister Pavlos Polakis. He stopped to talk to several visiting tourists from various countries, as well as shop keepers along the waterfront, and stopped for a coffee at a waterfront cafe.
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"