The digital policy ministry and the General Secretariat for Telecommunications and Post on Friday announced the launch of a tender for a land digital audio broadcasting (DAB/DMB and DAB+) spectrum map, choice of broadcasting centres and their technical specifications.
Ministry sources noted that the introduction of digital radio will not affect the analogue FM frequencies, since they broadcast through different frequencies. The digital technologies will, however, transform audio broadcasting in that they will provide services that were not possible with analogue radio.
In addition to high quality sound, the technology will greatly increase the potential number of radio programmes that can be supported, as well as eliminating static, making it easier to tune in and allowing transmission of text and images.
Latest from Guest
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"
- Fantastic Opportunity for Greek-American Students - Heritage America
- NHSA and the Greek America Foundation Co-host the 2018 National Innovation Conference