A proposal by main opposition New Democracy (ND) to convene a special parliamentary committee to "investigate the involvement of National Defence Minister Panos Kammenos and other officials in an outstanding court case" fell short of the necessary votes late on Monday.
The debate in parliament concerned his telephone conversations with a convict, who is serving a life sentence for his involvement in a major heroin smuggling operation.
ND's proposal was rejected with 151 votes of the ruling coalition.
A total of 122 opposition deputies voted for the ND proposal, except for Union of Centrists MPs, who were absent.
Kammenos, leader of the ANEL party, did not participate in the vote, while ruling SYRIZA deputy Christoforos Papadopoulos was absent.
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"