The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has changed its stance regarding the Greek banks and does not insist on a new quality control for their assets, said Greek Finance Minister Euclid Tsakalotos talking on ANT1 channel. The Minister stated that the stress tests will be conducted next year in all European banks, as planned, but their results will be announced earlier and before the end of Greece's bailout program in the summer of 2018.
Mr. Tsakalotos expressed his optimism that in the next years, investments will be increased in Greece; he predicted 2% increase for this year and an even higher increase in 2018. Regarding over-taxation of citizens and the increase of arrears to the State, the Minister said once more that he himself has admitted that more taxes have been imposed to certain parts of the population, however the Mid-term Framework provides for 3.5 billion euro relieves until 2022, while the reduction of the non-taxable threshold is balanced by tax relieves, such as in the case of the Unified Property Ownership Tax (ENFIA).
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"