A Greek Misdemeanours Court on Thursday handed down a six-month prison sentence, suspended for three years, for far-right Golden Dawn party MP Ilias Kasidiaris after finding him guilty of inciting others to commit crimes.
The conviction against Kasidiaris concerns a speech that he gave in the Aspropyrgos district in 2011 that was later posted on the internet, in which he urged residents living in areas with high crime rates to "get rid of the human refuse."
According to the prosecutor recommending the charges, the MP's speech "openly urged citizens to take the law into their own hands and use violence." The MP denied the charges against him and claimed that he had simply urged citizens to defend their rights using legal means, citing the Constitution.
Latest from Guest
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"
- Fantastic Opportunity for Greek-American Students - Heritage America
- NHSA and the Greek America Foundation Co-host the 2018 National Innovation Conference