The operation to pump out the fuel from the sunken tanker "Agia Zoni II" in Salamina will be completed on Friday barring any unexpected circumstances, the company responsible for the job said on Thursday.
So far, 2,517 petroleum mixtures have been removed from the vessel with 984 cubic meters loaded inside the tanker "Syros", which took over the operation after the previous tanker hired to do the work, "Lassea", was found to have undeclared fuel in its hold. "Lassea" is currently waiting directions from port authorities on where to unload the 1,533 cubic meters of fuel it pumped out of "Agia Zoni II".
The fuel from the sunken tanker will then be analysed at the General Chemical State Laboratory to establish whether they are oil residues or clean oil, so it can be transferred in storage tanks.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Was protester attacked by Macron top aide Greek?
- Anarchist collective Rouvikonas attack Psychico tax office
- Επίθεση Ρουβίκωνα στη ΔΟΥ Ψυχικού
- Στη 2η θέση στη λίστα των ευρωπαϊκών χωρών με τις περισσότερες καθυστερήσεις πτήσεων η Ελλάδα
- Κοτζιάς: Η εποχή που θεωρούνταν διπλωματία το να κάνεις την κότα πέρασε