A state of emergency has been declared on the northern Aegean island of Samothrace, after severe storms damaged roads, buildings and the drinking water supply, while four days after the flooding from torrential downpour, many islanders are sill without drinking water.
A government statement released on Wednesday, said that military and state of emergency crews from other parts of the country have been sent to Samothrace to help repair the flood damage.
It also stated that they are focusing on repairing the island’s road network and water supply. Samothrace’s health centre and municipal buildings also suffered heavy damage from the storms late Monday and early Tuesday.
The island has effevtively been cut in three, after large tracts of the road network collapsed. The island's administrative center, as well as the health cebter were also devastated during the flood.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ασταμάτητος ο Γιάννης Αντετοκούνμπο: Νέα επιτυχία των Μπακς επί των Πίστονς
- Kathimerini: We are not daunted by bomb attack
- Τελετή θεμελίωσης κοινοτικού κέντρου στον Άγιο Νικόλαο, Ουέστ Μπάμπιλον
- Δίωξη σε δύο στις ΗΠΑ για τουρκική εμπλοκή σε σχέδιο απαγωγής Γκιουλέν
- Δυσφορία Μπουσάτι για δηλώσεις Μητσοτάκη για Χιμάρα, πάλι Τσάμηδες