Adverse weather conditions have caused serious problems in the area of Nea Peramos with the old Athens-Corinth Highway being turned into a river, resulting in drivers beibng trapped in their vehicles.
The strong downpour led to the overflow of the river in the area and the waters flooded the road. Similar problems are observed along the New National Highway. In particular, as reported by the police, the circulation of vehicles in the old national highway, 39 km from Nea Peramos to Megara, has been disrupted, while along the new national highway traffic towards Corinth, at 32 km, is only carried out from the right and the middle lane. From 33 km to 34 only the left lane can be used.
According to SKAI TV, at least 10 cars have become trapped and there are also trapped drivers calling for help. As one driver said, talking to ANT1 TV he was trapped in his truck at 5:20 am. The driver was moving in the area of Nea Peramos, where heavy rainfall occurred.
According to the Fire Brigade several cars have been trapped in the above locations, where teams have been dispatched and are trying to remove drivers and passengers.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ασταμάτητος ο Γιάννης Αντετοκούνμπο: Νέα επιτυχία των Μπακς επί των Πίστονς
- Kathimerini: We are not daunted by bomb attack
- Τελετή θεμελίωσης κοινοτικού κέντρου στον Άγιο Νικόλαο, Ουέστ Μπάμπιλον
- Δίωξη σε δύο στις ΗΠΑ για τουρκική εμπλοκή σε σχέδιο απαγωγής Γκιουλέν
- Δυσφορία Μπουσάτι για δηλώσεις Μητσοτάκη για Χιμάρα, πάλι Τσάμηδες