The countdown to the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am tournament at Costa Navarino has now begun. Taking place 21-24 February 2018, it has already received extensive interest globally, counting participants from 14 countries.
This year has seen a much higher interest from golfers; so far, more than 35 teams have registered. Each of the 50 teams will consist of one professional and three amateur golfers who will compete in three rounds at the two 18-hole signature golf courses. The Dunes Course and The Bay Course are set amidst the eternal olive trees overlooking the stunning views of the Ionian Sea and the Bay of Navarino.
The total prize fund of the 2nd Messinia Pro Am is €50,000 and is the 2nd biggest fund in golf tournaments in Europe. Messinia Pro-Am supports a charity cause, the SOS Children's Villages that create families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. SOS Children's Villages support children who are orphaned, abandoned or whose families are unable to care for them and enable children to live according to their own culture and religion, and to be active members of the community.
Registrations are open via the official website: messiniaproam.costanavarino.com.
This year Costa Navarino is proud to have been selected by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) as the 'European Golf Resort of the Year 2017'. The Messinia Pro-Am will also involve a rich programme of events and entertainment, including thematic gastronomy nights.
Watch highlights the teaser video of the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am here: https://youtu.be/KTGhIsOlXZQ
The winner of the 1st Messinia Pro-Am, Federico Elli (PGAs of Italy) stated: "It's always an amazing experience to come back to Costa Navarino! I feel blessed to play on such great golf courses and relax after the match in that wonderful hotel... and it's even more exciting when you are coming back to defend the title at Messinia Pro-Am!".
Aegean Airlines, a member of Star Alliance, is the official airline partner of the event.
Vodafone and MyTransfer are the official sponsors of the tournament.
In addition, Kyvernitis Travel the official travel partner of the second Messinia Pro-Am will coordinate and ensure a smooth registration process.
Official supporters of the tournament are the companies J.VOURAKIS SONS EE and Siampis.
Messinia Pro-Am will also be assisted by ECOLAB, Kayak, Stefanouris and Messiniaki Paradosi.
Special accommodation packages are available at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino: messiniaproam.costanavarino.com.
Messinia Pro-Am is organized in cooperation with the PGAs of Europe, under The Auspices of PGA of Greece and the Hellenic Golf Federation and the Hellenic Olympic Academy
- Το 2ο Messinia Pro-Am της Costa Navarino ολοκληρώθηκε με συμμετοχές από 23 χώρες
- Η Costa Navarino υποδέχεται γκολφέρ από όλο τον κόσμο στο 2ο Messinia Pro-Am
- Costa Navarino welcomes golfers from around the world at the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am, 21-24 February
- International players and celebrities join forces at the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am
- Πλήθος διεθνών συμμετοχών στο 2ο Messinia Pro-Am της Costa Navarino
Latest from C.Athanasatos
- Απορρίφθηκε το νέο αίτημα αποφυλάκισης των δυο Ελλήνων στρατιωτικών
- Κινέζος δισεκατομμυριούχος αγοράζει την «Los Angeles Times»
- Βρυξέλλες: Αισιοδοξία για συνολική συμφωνία στο Eurogroup της Πέμπτης
- «Καρφιά» Τραμπ: Ο γερμανικός λαός στρέφεται κατά της Μέρκελ
- Προθεσμία να απολογηθεί πήρε ο Κωνσταντίνος Μπαρμπαρούσης