According to Israeli sources the IDF and the Ministry of Defense decided to close the military attaché office in Switzerland this summer. Concurrently, it was decided to open a new military attaché office in Greece, as a counterweight to the decline of defense relations with Turkey.
.So far, the military attaché in Italy was also responsible for transactions and security relations in Greece, but Athens will now get a permanent military attaché who will address security relations between the two countries
The decision was not accepted without controversy within the defense establishment, since Switzerland traditionally buys Israeli security means in larger amounts than Greece
The IDF and the Ministry of Defense said in response that "the deployment of foreign military attaché is determined depending on an overall assessment of the situation, consists of needs, resources, and other relevant elements
- Arms for ISIS from Albania through Greece?
- Greek Australian buys Sydney hotel
- Will Karagounis head EPO?
- Huge fines for animal abuse and killings
- Football matches still suspended
- Confrontation with rector sparks new university occupations
- "Positive meeting" between Venizelos and Papandreou
- Cyprus Plans Warship Investments
- The Greek behind EbolaCheck breakthrough
- Greece fined for illegal dumps