According to Israeli sources the IDF and the Ministry of Defense decided to close the military attaché office in Switzerland this summer. Concurrently, it was decided to open a new military attaché office in Greece, as a counterweight to the decline of defense relations with Turkey.
.So far, the military attaché in Italy was also responsible for transactions and security relations in Greece, but Athens will now get a permanent military attaché who will address security relations between the two countries
The decision was not accepted without controversy within the defense establishment, since Switzerland traditionally buys Israeli security means in larger amounts than Greece
The IDF and the Ministry of Defense said in response that "the deployment of foreign military attaché is determined depending on an overall assessment of the situation, consists of needs, resources, and other relevant elements
- Two arrests for illicit trade in antiquities
- Vote for Greece in Europa Nostra’s Public Choice Award 2015
- Greek Shipowners Union Urges Infrastructure Upgrade on Islands
- Agreement possibly by end of May
- German Institute ponders temporary Grexit
- Leaked document "shows" agreement and extraordinary Eurogroup
- PM travels to summit on military transport
- Varoufakis: Eurogroup meeting taping 'a fairytale'
- VAT rates unchanged, for now
- ‘Excellent’ rating for Greek bathing waters