The Regal Princess cruise ship, which is the globe's youngest and biggest, is set to sail into the Port of Piraeus today.
Hellenic port directors are preparing to officially welcome its captain, Edward Perrin. On May 20th, the luxury vessel departed from Venice and is scheduled to travel through the Mediterranean and dock at various Greek islands, until October 17th.
In November, the Regal Princess will then venture to Florida to gain her official name, before launching on a Caribbean cruise. The high end 142,229 GT cruise liner can hold up to 3,560 passengers and a 1,346 crew. It includes 1,780 staterooms, 16 restaurants and bars, 17 decks and a chic spa.
- Piraeus Port to revamp with €140m backing from EIB
- Greek PM from China: "Our common goal to make Piraeus port the largest in Europe ..."
- Did early humans migrate to Greek islands 200.000 years ago?
- 20,000 refugees to be transferred from Greek islands to the mainland by end-year
- Piraeus port proposals to expand car & container terminals are shelved at ministry meeting