The latest film success of three love stories taking place in Greece is "World's Apart" by Greek director and writer Christopher Papakaliatis. This writer, director and actor brilliantly depicts the reality of different generations facing the current Greek economic crisis, that has overshadowed the country for almost a decade.
By Yanna Darilis
Christopher Papakaliatis is considered by many as one of Greece's most talented directors, writers and actors. He has mastered story telling through intertwining, and interchanging parallel tales that are heart warming and very real. He tastefully combines love, drama and comedy, and unites them into a single narrative in the end. In each story of this film, a Greek falls in love with a foreigner during a time of turmoil and an interpretation of the power of love begins to unfold.
Papakaliatis manages to impeccably depict the true current Greek society through his film making, bringing him international attention and acclaim.
This foreign film is a must see, and has been invited to take part in many international film festivals. Look out for it in New York, where it will premiere in November of 2016.
The cast includes: Christopher Papakaliatis, Oscar & Golden Globe Award winner, J.K Simmons, Hellenic Film Academy Winner, Minas Chatzisavvas, Andrea Osvart, Maria Kavoyianni, Niki Vakali, Tawfeek Barhom, Odysseas Papaspiliopoulos, and Matthaios Korovesis
- Peter Latos Foundation celebrates fifth year of service
- Grand Hellenic Independence parade on 5th Avenue - Broadcast to every corner of Greece and New York through New Greek TV
- Water for Life and Health (Video)
- IKTINOS MARMARON Greek Marbles Bring Elegance in Homes around the World
- Νέα Υόρκη: Η εκδήλωση του ACS Athens
Latest from Yanna Darilis
- Nanobionic Technology in MacLaren's Senna First Model
- The Leonidas Foundation, Mentoring Tomorrow’s Leaders
- The Future of Women's Health Panel
- «Olive You», European Table Olives Event in New York (Video, Pictures)
- United Nation's RSC-Salus Wellness Network Holds Mens Health Panel and Fair In Light Of Prostate Cancer Month