In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- Turkey recently attempted to ram Italian drilling ship in Cyprus
- US says Cyprus has every right to explore resources in its EEZ
- European Commission chief condemns Turkish aggression against Greece and Cyprus
- Greek Foreign Ministry decries Turkey's illegal actions in Cyprus' EEZ
- Tsipras stresses importance of a viable and just Cyprus solution