In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- Cyprus, Greece & Israel chart a common path
- Senator Menendez introduces legislation to lift US Arms Embargo on Cyprus
- Turkish official: Greece and Cyprus constantly provoke Turkey
- The Cyprus Lefkara Laces presented in New York
- Five countries who do not recognize Kosovo refuse to participate in upcoming EU summit