In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- Thracians deplore Erdogan visit
- Cypriot EOKA fighters seek damages over torture under British rule
- Greece – Cyprus – Egypt meeting in Nicosia on Tuesday
- Cypriot Defence Minister: Cyprus plays an active role as a security contributor and pillar of stability
- Kotzias: Britain ‘sabotaged’ UN initiative for Cyprus