In Cyprus, the Larnaca Tourism Development & Promotion Company plans to build an artificial reef in its coastal region.
As reported by CNA, the enterprise's actions will be presented shortly to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and the Environment Ministry, and will seek funds from the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
Three different locations in Larnaca are vying for the reef that include Kastella, Pyla-Oroklini and in front of the city's International Airport. The site's final destination will be determined by its water purity, price, and convenience. The artificial reef's components objectives are to enhance diving tourism and support the seabed.
- Erdogan: More rhetoric against Greece and Cyprus
- Tsipras meets with Cyprus president Anastasiades in Athens
- Kissinger approved Turkish tactics in 1974 Cyprus invasion
- Cyprus examining Israeli request to build harbor on island
- Kammenos threatens anyone disputing Greek sovereignty with "crushing response"