Cyprus is currently experiencing a large amount of dust in its atmosphere, that hit the island yesterday.
The Department of Labour Inspection of the Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance has recommended that residents remain indoors as much as possible, while outside employees should adequately protect themselves. The Cypriot dust storm has caused gridlock at the nation's major airports; twenty-four flights in and out of Larnaca Airport have been affected.
Hermes Airport's Spokesman Adamos Aspris confirmed that early visibility this morning was particularly low, according to Parikiaki. Various flights were then rerouted to Paphos Airport. The environment has begun to clear this afternoon and airport schedules are returning to normal.
- Cyprus, Greece & Israel chart a common path
- Senator Menendez introduces legislation to lift US Arms Embargo on Cyprus
- Turkish official: Greece and Cyprus constantly provoke Turkey
- The Cyprus Lefkara Laces presented in New York
- Five countries who do not recognize Kosovo refuse to participate in upcoming EU summit