Much like Baron Munchausen’s fairytale air balloon flights, the seaside town of Kalamata in the Peloponnese, is ready to launch hot air balloon travel on May 15 from the country’s first such base.
The flights, to be run by Greek company Olympic Balloons daily through to October 30, will initially take off from the town’s football field, with local authorities looking into spaces which will host the take-off and landing site in the coming years.
Kalamata Mayor Panagiotis Nikas told the Athens News Agency that the hot air balloon flights are bound to attract tourism to the region, adding that “for the first time in Greece, a destination will offer the activity”. The mayor said that the Municipality of Kalamata is looking forward to welcoming the initiative as well as facilitating the smooth operation of the base.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Οι τουρκικές θηριωδίες στη Συρία αντιγράφουν 1974… θα έρθουν και δυτικά
- Greek budget recorded primary surplus of 4.479 billion euros in Jan-Sept
- AUSA 2019: Έκτη παρουσία της ελληνικής αμυντικής βιομηχανίας
- AUSA 2019: Sixth presence of the Greek defense industry
- German firm TeamViewer opens new center in Ioannina