"Santorini Exprerience" will be held on October 7-9 on the volcanic island.
Santorini authorities said that the event is a very good promotion of the island to foreign tourist markets.
This year's programme includes open sea swimming from the beaches nearby the volcano to the old port of Fira. Olympic Champion Spyros Gianniotis and the open sea swimming world champion Kelly Araouzou as well as a pleiad of top swimmers will participate in the competitions.
Moreover, Santorini Experience will feature a series of races on the path that links Oia with Fira with view to the caldera.
FOX sports channel of FOX Networks Group will cover the event and broadcast it as a sports documentary entitled "Santorini Exprience".
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- ΠτΔ: Δεν πρόκειται ν' αποδεχθούμε παραβιάσεις του δικαίου της θάλασσας
- Group of unknown people attack Greek Parliament
- Δέος στο Σύνταγμα: Συγκλόνισαν οι Πόντιοι Εύζωνες στα 100 χρόνια από τη Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων (βίντεο)
- Polls show ND solidifies lead against ruling SYRIZA
- Divers pull out 2 tons of ghost nets from highly biodiverse area