Greek parliament approved on Thursday night in principle and on the articles the deal signed between the government and the country’s lenders with 153 votes of the SYRIZA-ANEL coalition in a roll-call vote requested by SYRIZA, New Democracy, the Democratic Coalition and the Communist Party.
The opposition parties voted against the omnibus bill that contained the new measures, but approved articles 71 and 70 on the abolition of tax reductions for lawmakers and the lowering of the VAT paid by farmers, respectively. In total, 281 deputies voted.
The opposition in general voted against all the articles, except for the two articles mentioned above.
Golden Dawn did not participate in the vote. The party was expelled from the debate after one of the party’s lawmakers reportedly pushed an ND MP during the debate.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Οι τουρκικές θηριωδίες στη Συρία αντιγράφουν 1974… θα έρθουν και δυτικά
- Greek budget recorded primary surplus of 4.479 billion euros in Jan-Sept
- AUSA 2019: Έκτη παρουσία της ελληνικής αμυντικής βιομηχανίας
- AUSA 2019: Sixth presence of the Greek defense industry
- German firm TeamViewer opens new center in Ioannina