While Greek lawmakers are debating the 4th memorandum in parliament with opposition MPs blasting the Greek coalition government of leftist SYRIZA and ANEL for introducing a series of new cuts and austerity measures, unions and ordinary citizens are protesting against the measures outside the building at Syntagma Square.
The civil servants trade union, ADEDY has warned that it would escalate its industrial actions to cancel the new memorandum as well as the old ones. A number of other smaller unions, as well as professional associations are also taking part in the protests voicing their objections against new cuts hikes in taxes.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greece condemned for the handling of the Tsalikidis case by the European Court of Justice
- SZ: Dangerous Islamist traveled from Germany to Greece and Berlin did not inform Athens
- Medi-cane Zeno: More severe weather for Greece
- German official report denies forced loan from Greece to Nazi occupiers
- Rena Dourou: The vanishing lady that sued herself