While Greek lawmakers are debating the 4th memorandum in parliament with opposition MPs blasting the Greek coalition government of leftist SYRIZA and ANEL for introducing a series of new cuts and austerity measures, unions and ordinary citizens are protesting against the measures outside the building at Syntagma Square.
The civil servants trade union, ADEDY has warned that it would escalate its industrial actions to cancel the new memorandum as well as the old ones. A number of other smaller unions, as well as professional associations are also taking part in the protests voicing their objections against new cuts hikes in taxes.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Migrant and refugee arrivals on the Greek islands peak in September
- Police detain eight after antifa march marking killing of rapper Fyssas
- Over 800 tons of heavy fuel oil pumped so far
- Kotzias begins meetings at the UN General Assembly High Level Week
- Pavlopoulos: For Greeks, freedom is an existential principle and hence a way of life