While Greek lawmakers are debating the 4th memorandum in parliament with opposition MPs blasting the Greek coalition government of leftist SYRIZA and ANEL for introducing a series of new cuts and austerity measures, unions and ordinary citizens are protesting against the measures outside the building at Syntagma Square.
The civil servants trade union, ADEDY has warned that it would escalate its industrial actions to cancel the new memorandum as well as the old ones. A number of other smaller unions, as well as professional associations are also taking part in the protests voicing their objections against new cuts hikes in taxes.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Lindsay Lohan to open second nightclub in Greece
- Greek housing market still in decline
- Australian artist: 'Athens is one of the last cities in Europe that can still be old, weird, and chaotic'
- Varoufakis: I called Tsipras an idiot
- Ship strikes pier in Heraklion and passengers forced to spend the night aboard