Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras accused the leader of the main opposition Kyriakos Mitsotakis of supporting specific business and publishing interests during a debate in parliament about whether to set up a parliamentary committee to investigate the involvement of junior coalition party leader Panos Kammenos in an outstanding court case.
"The case you brought us here today to discuss is nothing more but a symptom of this disastrous and self-destructive policy," Tsipras said. Speaking directly to Mitsotakis, he said: ?In your effort to smear reputations, discover scandals where none exist, you have suffered another fatal mistake - you identify with business and publishing interests in a way that does not befit the history of your party.?
He continued to criticize the ND leader saying that this tactic is a symptom of the party's ?strategic impasse? whose ?doomsday narrative? collapsed as the country is moving with stable steps towards an exit from its bailout program and supervision.
- Greek and FYROM PMs officially nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Tsipras condemns attack against SKAI
- ND leader Mistotakis blasts PM Tsipras in closing speech at party Convention
- Tsipras in Thessaloniki: "We want to change Greece" into a leading power in the region
- Will Greece participate in the Turkstream gas pipeline project?
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"