A Greek Misdemeanours Court on Thursday handed down a six-month prison sentence, suspended for three years, for far-right Golden Dawn party MP Ilias Kasidiaris after finding him guilty of inciting others to commit crimes.
The conviction against Kasidiaris concerns a speech that he gave in the Aspropyrgos district in 2011 that was later posted on the internet, in which he urged residents living in areas with high crime rates to "get rid of the human refuse."
According to the prosecutor recommending the charges, the MP's speech "openly urged citizens to take the law into their own hands and use violence." The MP denied the charges against him and claimed that he had simply urged citizens to defend their rights using legal means, citing the Constitution.
Latest from Guest
- International players and celebrities join forces at the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am
- Massive rally for Macedonia in Thessaloniki
- Registrations for the 2nd Messinia Pro-Am continue until January 19th
- Συνάντηση Κορυφής στη Νέα Υόρκη για την Ελληνική Οικονομία και τις Επενδύσεις - 19ο Ετήσιο Capital Link Invest in Greece Forum
- Ώρα του Θρύλου: Πρεμιέρα με Τάκη Τσουκαλά και Άκη Βαρδαλάκη