The number of deaths from last Wednesday’s flash floods in western Attica has reached 20 after one more body was found on Sunday.
The body was detected close to the car depot where another body was found on Saturday. It has not yet been determined whether it belongs to a man or woman. The fire department was searching for 3 missing persons since last Thursday, as 3 bodies were found on Saturday.
Meanwhile, citizens from more than a thousand destroyed homes braved more torrential rain over the weekend, without electricity or potable water. Although, the state has ben slow to respond to the humanitarian aspects of the crisis, aid from individual citizens, other municipalities, businesses of all sizes keeps pouring in, in efforts to keep the people warm and fed.
- Handelsblatt: Tsipras govt may face 'sanctions' by European creditors over abruptly announced relief measures
- Lonely Planet cites hidden 'gems' amongst Greece's numerous isles, such as Karpathos and Tilos
- Tsipras leaves open possibility of snap elections in case of European Parliament loss
- US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations chief Risch sends support message for EastMed Act
- Greece's rack railway train returns to service
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- May 26 elections results will determine date of general election
- Mitsotakis wraps up campaign in Thessaloniki, blasts Tsipras on Prespes, handouts, security
- Ο Ακάρ κουνά το δάχτυλο στην Αθήνα: Οχι σε προκλήσεις και ανεύθυνες δηλώσεις
- Ελληνικά αεροσκάφη Canadair CL-415 σπεύδουν στο Ισραήλ για βοήθεια
- Αστρονομικό συμβόλαιο για Αντετοκούνμπο;