The latest in a series of Turkish provocations against Greece in the Aegean Sea was recorded on video and posted on social media.
The incident involved a Turkish navy patrol boat, the SG Koycegiz, which touched the Greek navy’s gunboat “Nikiphoros” after performing dangerous manoeuvres in Greek territorial waters about 1.5 miles off the coast of the rocky isles of Imia on Wednesday.
In the video, the Turkish boat can be seen slightly touching the port of the Greek navy ship. Sources from Hellenic National Defence General Staff said the Greek boat sustained no serious damage.
- Handelsblatt: Tsipras govt may face 'sanctions' by European creditors over abruptly announced relief measures
- Lonely Planet cites hidden 'gems' amongst Greece's numerous isles, such as Karpathos and Tilos
- Tsipras leaves open possibility of snap elections in case of European Parliament loss
- US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations chief Risch sends support message for EastMed Act
- Greece's rack railway train returns to service
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- May 26 elections results will determine date of general election
- Mitsotakis wraps up campaign in Thessaloniki, blasts Tsipras on Prespes, handouts, security
- Ο Ακάρ κουνά το δάχτυλο στην Αθήνα: Οχι σε προκλήσεις και ανεύθυνες δηλώσεις
- Ελληνικά αεροσκάφη Canadair CL-415 σπεύδουν στο Ισραήλ για βοήθεια
- Αστρονομικό συμβόλαιο για Αντετοκούνμπο;