Turkish Chief of General Staff General Hulusi Akar said the Turkish armed forces were capable of conducting military operations in both Syria and the Aegean Sea.
In his statement, which is doing the rounds in Turkish media, the head of the Turkish Armed Forces said: “Along with the military operation in Afrin (Syria), Turkey is in the position to secure its interests in all the seas that surround it.” According to the Turkish media, Akar claimed Turkey had the power to conduct a military operation in both Afrin and the Aegean Sea, pointing out that his country was ready to defend its national interest emanating from international law and agreements.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ο Αρχιεπίσκοπος Δημήτριος και μέλη της Συνόδου επισκέφτηκαν τον Αγιο Νικόλαο στο "Σημείο Μηδέν"
- Archbishop Demetrios and Synod members visit St. Nicholas at WTC
- Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αλβανίας Αναστάσιος: Τιμή σε έναν μεγάλο Έλληνα
- Ελικόπτερο συνετρίβη στο κατάστρωμα του USS Ronald Reagan
- US to protect ExxonMobil operations in Mediterranean