Minoan Lines has announced that its agreement with Attica Holdings (Attica Group) has been completed, with the latter now owning the majority stake in Greek ferry operator Hellenic Seaways (HSW).
The agreement dated 26/10/2017 includes the following additional transactions: Τhe acquisition from Minoan of 37,667,504 shares in HSW representing 48.53 percent of its share capital for the sum of 78,500,000 euros; the sale by HSW of the Highspeed 7 vessel to Minoan Lines for the sum of 25,000,000 euros and the sale by Attica Group of the Superfast XII vessel for the sum of 74,500,000 euros to a Grimaldi Group company.
Commenting on news, Minoan Lines said in a statement that the deal will further strengthen the company’s liquidity as well as its financial standing while creating the conditions for healthy growth with its active involvement in new lines. Minoan went on to note that the aforementioned transactions will not affect the company’s financial results.
Attica Group, a member of the Marfin Investment Group, with the acquisition of Piraeus Bank’s share, holds full control (98.83 percent) of HSW.
- Handelsblatt: Tsipras govt may face 'sanctions' by European creditors over abruptly announced relief measures
- Lonely Planet cites hidden 'gems' amongst Greece's numerous isles, such as Karpathos and Tilos
- Tsipras leaves open possibility of snap elections in case of European Parliament loss
- US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations chief Risch sends support message for EastMed Act
- Greece's rack railway train returns to service
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- May 26 elections results will determine date of general election
- Mitsotakis wraps up campaign in Thessaloniki, blasts Tsipras on Prespes, handouts, security
- Ο Ακάρ κουνά το δάχτυλο στην Αθήνα: Οχι σε προκλήσεις και ανεύθυνες δηλώσεις
- Ελληνικά αεροσκάφη Canadair CL-415 σπεύδουν στο Ισραήλ για βοήθεια
- Αστρονομικό συμβόλαιο για Αντετοκούνμπο;