Stefanos Tsitsipas wrote a story, defeating Novak Djokovic in a 2-1 in the third round of the Rogers Cup in Canada.
This is the fourth time this year that he defeats a top-10 player and the first ever that he has defeated a Grand Slammer!
Tsitsipas to face Alexander Zverev, No. 3 of the world ranking, for a place in semi-finals on Friday.
The Greek prodigy was excellent against the Serb and in the first and third set and he never left any room to his great opponent to challenge him.
It may have been a few seconds after the biggest win of his career, however, Stefanos Tsitsipas once again showed his character. Immediately after the end of the game, he was asked to sign on one of the cameras.
He did so by dedicating his victory to the victims of the fires of Attica.
Stef wrote “Pray for Greece”, sending a clear message of solidarity to people struck by the deadly fires.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνική φρεγάτα “σκιά” στον Τούρκο “Βάρβαρο”
- State Department thanks Kotzias for his services
- Αναγκαστική επιστροφή του αεροσκάφους της Μελάνια Τραμπ στην Ουάσινγκτον λόγω μηχανικού προβλήματος
- Στέιτ Ντιπάρμτεντ ευχαριστεί Κοτζιά για τη συμβολή του στη Συμφωνία των Πρεσπών
- Νευρικότητα στο ΧΑ μετά την παραίτηση Κοτζιά