Stefanos Tsitsipas wrote a story, defeating Novak Djokovic in a 2-1 in the third round of the Rogers Cup in Canada.
This is the fourth time this year that he defeats a top-10 player and the first ever that he has defeated a Grand Slammer!
Tsitsipas to face Alexander Zverev, No. 3 of the world ranking, for a place in semi-finals on Friday.
The Greek prodigy was excellent against the Serb and in the first and third set and he never left any room to his great opponent to challenge him.
It may have been a few seconds after the biggest win of his career, however, Stefanos Tsitsipas once again showed his character. Immediately after the end of the game, he was asked to sign on one of the cameras.
He did so by dedicating his victory to the victims of the fires of Attica.
Stef wrote “Pray for Greece”, sending a clear message of solidarity to people struck by the deadly fires.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- President Pavlopoulos' message for Greek Independence Day
- Στο Αγαθονήσι ο Αλέξης Τσίπρας για την επέτειο της 25ης Μαρτίου
- Η Google τιμά την 25η Μαρτίου με την ελληνική σημαία στην σελίδα της
- Με το «Μακεδονία ξακουστή» στην παρέλαση της 25 Μαρτίου η μπάντα του Πολεμικού Ναυτικού
- Δημοσκόπηση: Προβάδισμα ΝΔ και Μητσοτάκη έναντι ΣΥΡΙΖΑ-Τσίπρα, «όχι» από το 73% στη Συμφωνία των Πρεσπών