Talks between Berlin and Athens on a deal for refugees are fairly advanced, said German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday, highlighting that an agreement with Italy still has some time yet.
"We are in the process of negotiations," she said during a joint press conference she gave in Berlin with Bosnia-Herzegovina Prime Minister Denis Zvizdic, but we haven΄t reached that point yet, she added.
Last Saturday a similar deal was reached with Spain which foresees that Germany will be able to send illegal immigrants it spots on its borders with Austria if they have already registered in Spain.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon