The country's first seaplane network will start operating in 2019, according to a bill submitted to parliament on Wednesday.
The bill will give the "green light" for the development of this network after 15 years of waiting and tens of millions of investments that fell through.
The first seaplane network is expected to be set up at the Ionian Sea and Western Greece, with its base on Corfu.
Included in the bill is the new licensing framework for the establishment and operation of waterways. Two companies are operating on the domestic market, Greek Waterways and Hellenic Seaplanes, which have attracted private investors.
The investor's plan is to implement a network of more than 100 waterways linking all parts of the country and giving new impetus to Greek tourism.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon