A serious incident involving live fire occurred near the village of Gengelija Moin at the Greek-FYROM borders on Wednesday, when FYROM border police fired on illegal immigrants attempting to pass into the territory of the neighboring country.
According to what the information thus far, a patrol identified a group of illegal immigrants within FYROM’s territory. According to the report, the patrol shot several times in the air warning shots, in order to stop them.
However, the group continued its course, except for an immigrant, who was arrested and returned through the standard procedures to Greece.
- Handelsblatt: Tsipras govt may face 'sanctions' by European creditors over abruptly announced relief measures
- Lonely Planet cites hidden 'gems' amongst Greece's numerous isles, such as Karpathos and Tilos
- Tsipras leaves open possibility of snap elections in case of European Parliament loss
- US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations chief Risch sends support message for EastMed Act
- Greece's rack railway train returns to service
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- May 26 elections results will determine date of general election
- Mitsotakis wraps up campaign in Thessaloniki, blasts Tsipras on Prespes, handouts, security
- Ο Ακάρ κουνά το δάχτυλο στην Αθήνα: Οχι σε προκλήσεις και ανεύθυνες δηλώσεις
- Ελληνικά αεροσκάφη Canadair CL-415 σπεύδουν στο Ισραήλ για βοήθεια
- Αστρονομικό συμβόλαιο για Αντετοκούνμπο;