A cyber attack on dozens of Greek websites, including Olympiacos’ basketball team, Atromitos’ football team, as well as universities and other state organizations, was launched on Wednesday by Turkish hackers.
The perpetrators are the members of the Ayyildiz Tim group.
More than 100 websites were down for a few hours. In most cases, however, the problem has been restored and are already working properly.
The Turkish hackers stated their motivation is purely ideological, stressing that they are nationalists, patriots and Kemalists.
Ayyildiz Tim has many supporters among the Turkish public, especially in social media, as more than 1.5 million Turkish internet users of all ages appear to follow them.
- Handelsblatt: Tsipras govt may face 'sanctions' by European creditors over abruptly announced relief measures
- Lonely Planet cites hidden 'gems' amongst Greece's numerous isles, such as Karpathos and Tilos
- Tsipras leaves open possibility of snap elections in case of European Parliament loss
- US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations chief Risch sends support message for EastMed Act
- Greece's rack railway train returns to service
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- May 26 elections results will determine date of general election
- Mitsotakis wraps up campaign in Thessaloniki, blasts Tsipras on Prespes, handouts, security
- Ο Ακάρ κουνά το δάχτυλο στην Αθήνα: Οχι σε προκλήσεις και ανεύθυνες δηλώσεις
- Ελληνικά αεροσκάφη Canadair CL-415 σπεύδουν στο Ισραήλ για βοήθεια
- Αστρονομικό συμβόλαιο για Αντετοκούνμπο;