A fossil tusk was discovered on Wednesday at the mine of Amyntaion, Florina, by employees of the Public Power Corporation which operates the site, when they were clearing earth from a landslide.
The tusk, almost 2m in length, is in very good condition and has been transferred to the Paleontological-Historical Museum of Ptolemaida. The Ephorate of Palaeoanthropology and Speleology will examine the finding in situ and perform conservation on the tusk.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon