Tourism Minister Elena Kountoura met with Ontario Tourism Minister Michael Tibollo during her contacts in Toronto to further promote Greek tourism to Canada.
Tibollo congratulated Kountoura for Greece's success in tourism and asked to be informed about the national tourism policy and the practices implemented over the last four years and led to the highest performances of all time.
Kountoura also referred to the steady double-digit growth of Canadian tourists visiting Greece, as well as the 2019 strategy.
Tibollo thanked Kountoura for the extensive information on strategic tourism development issues and stressed the economic benefits of tourism growth between Greece and the State of Ontario.
They also discussed the possibilities of promoting specific actions in Ontario related to the fields of culture, sport and education and contributing to the further promotion of Greece and Greek tourism.
- SYRIZA EP candidate resigns after dead mother’s pension row
- Greek tourism flagging in 2019
- The Hellenic Coast Guard forbids its members to sing any military songs or marches
- Armenian Committee: Greek Ministries caved in to Turkish pressure banning event over Nagorno-Karabakh Republic
- Explosion at power plant causes blackout in Heraklion and Rethymnon