From April 1, the Irish low cost carrier announced that it will not be operating from Athens to Thessaloniki and vice versa. According to a Facebook post from the airline, the last flight will be from Thessaloniki to Athens on 31 March 2019 departing at 20:05 and with flight number FR8969.
"The sale of tickets has been interrupted. Thank you very much for the confidence you show us, "says Ryanair's simple announcement. It is recalled that during the recent bad weather that hit Greece, Ryanair was criticized heavily for its decision to land the flight from London instead of at Macedonia airport in Thessaloniki, at Timisoara airport in Romania.
- SYRIZA EP candidate resigns after dead mother’s pension row
- Greek tourism flagging in 2019
- The Hellenic Coast Guard forbids its members to sing any military songs or marches
- Armenian Committee: Greek Ministries caved in to Turkish pressure banning event over Nagorno-Karabakh Republic
- Explosion at power plant causes blackout in Heraklion and Rethymnon