A Public Power Corporation board meeting on Friday declared annulled a tender to sell the Megalopoli and Melitis lignite units on the grounds that bids submitted were not satisfactory.
Two binding bids were submitted, one of which was submitted on conditions while the second (for the Melitis unit) was significantly below the fair value.
Commenting on the results of the tender, Manolis Panagiotakis, PPC's chairman and CEO, said the enterprise was ready to relaunch the tender with the goal to disinvest from lignite power as agreed with the European Union.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ελληνίδα ερευνήτρια τιμάται με διεθνές βραβείο για την έρευνά της στη σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- ΙΟΒΕ: Το 64% των Ελλήνων μόλις που τα βγάζει πέρα
- Elliniko: The casino tender opens the way for construction
- Turkish jourmalists held for questioning in Athens
- Draft law giving tax incentives to businesses ready soon