The two-day debate in Parliament on the Constitutional Revision will start on Tuesday, at 10 am, and is expected to be concluded with a roll cast vote on Thursday.
According to parliament rules, the proposal needs to be approved by at least 151 deputies. If a proposal gets 151 votes but fewer than 180, then it will need to be backed by at least 180 deputies in the next parliament.
Accordingly, if a proposal gets 180 votes in the upcoming voting procedure, then it will only need to pass the 150 mark in the next parliament.
During the discussions that took place in the review committee, which completed its work in 18 meetings in 2.5 months, the two largest parties found a common place on six issues, with SYRIZA voting for two proposals of the main opposition and New Democracy giving a positive vote to five.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Οι τουρκικές θηριωδίες στη Συρία αντιγράφουν 1974… θα έρθουν και δυτικά
- Greek budget recorded primary surplus of 4.479 billion euros in Jan-Sept
- AUSA 2019: Έκτη παρουσία της ελληνικής αμυντικής βιομηχανίας
- AUSA 2019: Sixth presence of the Greek defense industry
- German firm TeamViewer opens new center in Ioannina