The two-day debate in Parliament on the Constitutional Revision will start on Tuesday, at 10 am, and is expected to be concluded with a roll cast vote on Thursday.
According to parliament rules, the proposal needs to be approved by at least 151 deputies. If a proposal gets 151 votes but fewer than 180, then it will need to be backed by at least 180 deputies in the next parliament.
Accordingly, if a proposal gets 180 votes in the upcoming voting procedure, then it will only need to pass the 150 mark in the next parliament.
During the discussions that took place in the review committee, which completed its work in 18 meetings in 2.5 months, the two largest parties found a common place on six issues, with SYRIZA voting for two proposals of the main opposition and New Democracy giving a positive vote to five.
- Manolis Glezos has a health problem
- Parliament lifts immunity from prosecution for MPs Loverdos and Salmas
- Ellinair announces cooperation with Aeroflot
- Top Greek defense attorney arrested over alleged involvement in prison-run crime ring
- Zaev: Possible Greek investment of 80-90 mln€ in North Macedonia