A Turkish citizen managed to overcome the tight security measures at the US Embassy in Athens and enter the enclosure.
The incident occurred at 15:00 in the afternoon. The 35-year-old Turk jumped the fence and entered the courtyard. It was only then that security personnel became aware of his presence and took him into custody. He was led to State Security where he was prosecuted for disruption, while the possibility of administrative expulsion is being considered.
However, according toGreek police, the Turkish citizen is not reported to have been motivated by "suspicious" motives.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Αλ. Τσίπρας: Ελλάδα και Βουλγαρία, βασικοί πυλώνες της ενεργειακής στρατηγικής της ΕΕ
- Η ώριμη βρετανική αγορά αναζητά το ποιοτικό ελληνικό κρασί
- The mature British market turns to quality Greek wine
- Police arrest man in relation to Rouvikonas parliament attack
- 4.4 earthquake hits near town of Kyllini