Eight individuals have been arrested for their involvement in serious clashes that broke out during the Panathinaikos-Olympiacos football match at the Athens Olympic Stadium (OAKA) on Sunday evening, for the Greek Superleague.
The match was interrupted at the 70th minute when the score was 0-1.
The authorities have a video of the violent incidents, in which the faces of the attackers are visible.
With the new sports law that is in effect, the prosecutor will press charges and impose special restrictions on the individuals arrested (ban on their entry into sport venues), until their case is tried in court. If they violate these restrictions, they risk a prison sentence.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Μητσοτάκης: Δεν υπάρχουν περιθώρια για χαλαρή ψήφο - Βέμπερ: Οταν θα ξανάρθω θα είσαι πρωθυπουργός
- Alabama Becomes 49th U.S. State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
- FAZ: Χρηματίστηκαν βουλευτές στα Σκόπια από το ελληνικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών;
- African dust chokes Athens
- Turkey to buy fighter jets from elsewhere if US refuses to sell it F-35s