Athens was awarded with the “ Certificate of Excellence” in the category XL Meeting Destinations 2018 and in the category New Europe Destinations 2018 during the Conventa 2019 Fair held in Ljubljana.
The City of Athens participated through its Convention and Visitors Bureau and the public-private partnership "This is Athens & Partners" set up by the City of Athens, Aegean, Athens International Airport and the Greek Tourism Confederation (SETE).
The Fair on conference tourism is organised annually by Kongres Magazine.
"We are all joining forces to support the city's economy by implementing a three-year development plan. In conjunction with the strategic repositioning of the Greek capital and targeted campaigns to promote the destination, we put Athens at the centre of the global tourism market and conference tourism," said Alexis Galinos, CEO of the Athens Development and Tourism Promotion Association, which is coordinating the development plan of "This is Athens & Partners".
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Μητσοτάκης: Δεν υπάρχουν περιθώρια για χαλαρή ψήφο - Βέμπερ: Οταν θα ξανάρθω θα είσαι πρωθυπουργός
- Alabama Becomes 49th U.S. State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
- FAZ: Χρηματίστηκαν βουλευτές στα Σκόπια από το ελληνικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών;
- African dust chokes Athens
- Turkey to buy fighter jets from elsewhere if US refuses to sell it F-35s