Incidents occurred at the sudent rally in downtown Athens. A hooded group attacked with Molotov bombs riot police, who were stationed along Vasilisis Sophia.
The same group caused damage to bus stops and bank branches on Panepistimiou Street. Riot police made limited use of chemicals on Panepistimiou Street, while at the same time the rally was completed at the Panepistimiou and Aeolou streets.
The group of youngsters who caused the minor incidents moved to Exarchia.
After the end of the march, the streets were gradually opened to traffic.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Μητσοτάκης: Δεν υπάρχουν περιθώρια για χαλαρή ψήφο - Βέμπερ: Οταν θα ξανάρθω θα είσαι πρωθυπουργός
- Alabama Becomes 49th U.S. State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
- FAZ: Χρηματίστηκαν βουλευτές στα Σκόπια από το ελληνικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών;
- African dust chokes Athens
- Turkey to buy fighter jets from elsewhere if US refuses to sell it F-35s