An alarm has been triggered by a fire that broke out at the PPC plant in Linoperamata, Heraklion, Crete. The fire department is afoot, while the prefecture of Heraklion and Rethymnon has no electricity.
According to the information, the fire was triggered by an explosion in a PPC transformer at Lanoperamata SA, causing a general blackout.
According to local media, electricity is being gradually restored to Chania with PPC technicians struggling for the restitution of electrification with priority to hospitals, military installations and airports.
The gradual restoration of electricity in Chania is being conducted via the Xylokamara production plant.
At the same time,several citizens became trapped in elevators due tothe blackout.
As local media reported, there were no injuries from the explosion in the PPC substation.
It should be noted that 250 people work in the company.
Photographs from the area show dense black smoke emerging from the surrounding subterranean area.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Μητσοτάκης: Δεν υπάρχουν περιθώρια για χαλαρή ψήφο - Βέμπερ: Οταν θα ξανάρθω θα είσαι πρωθυπουργός
- Alabama Becomes 49th U.S. State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
- FAZ: Χρηματίστηκαν βουλευτές στα Σκόπια από το ελληνικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών;
- African dust chokes Athens
- Turkey to buy fighter jets from elsewhere if US refuses to sell it F-35s