Meteorologists have warned of a significant surge of African dust expected during the Holy Week in Greece. The dust wave has begun to descend from the west.
Dust levels close to the surface of the ground will be very high in most of the country up to and on Friday.
Explaining the phenomenon, meteo.gr reports that it is due to an extended field of low pressure in the Western Mediterranean, which, combined with the high pressure in our region, creates a strong South Stream in the Central Mediterranean carrying dust from Africa far northwards.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- ΠτΔ: Δεν πρόκειται ν' αποδεχθούμε παραβιάσεις του δικαίου της θάλασσας
- Group of unknown people attack Greek Parliament
- Δέος στο Σύνταγμα: Συγκλόνισαν οι Πόντιοι Εύζωνες στα 100 χρόνια από τη Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων (βίντεο)
- Polls show ND solidifies lead against ruling SYRIZA
- Divers pull out 2 tons of ghost nets from highly biodiverse area