A group of 10 people on motorcycles threw paints at the entrance of the residence of the US Ambassador to Greece, Geoffrey Pyatt in the early hours of Wednesday.
The perpetrators of the attack rode off after the attack against the top US diplomat’s house, who tweeted dubbing the incident “childish vandalism”.
According to police sources, the attackers also lit a flare and hurled it at the residence.
Police have detained and are questioning 9 people in connection to the attack.
In a post on Twitter the Ambassador noted:
"Kalimera, I woke up to more childish vandalism this morning outside the residence and will continue to work with Greek authorities to punish the culprits according to law. Destruction of property is not peaceful protest."
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- ΠτΔ: Δεν πρόκειται ν' αποδεχθούμε παραβιάσεις του δικαίου της θάλασσας
- Group of unknown people attack Greek Parliament
- Δέος στο Σύνταγμα: Συγκλόνισαν οι Πόντιοι Εύζωνες στα 100 χρόνια από τη Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων (βίντεο)
- Polls show ND solidifies lead against ruling SYRIZA
- Divers pull out 2 tons of ghost nets from highly biodiverse area