On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, the Director General of the Ministry of Defense, Mr. Kyriakos Kyriakides met with the Director General of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr. Georgtos Georgiou.
At the meeting, a MoU was signed between the two Ministries of Defense, working together to jointly support defense development projects co-financed by the European Union and to strengthen the defense technology and industrial base of the two countries.
The aim of securing this funding, for the first time in Europe, is within the framework of the new Industrial Development Program (EDIDP) 2019-20, in preparation for the European Defense Fund (EDF) from 2021 onwards. It refers to project proposals to be submitted by consortia of European entities with the support of Member States and which will ultimately be selected for funding through bidding procedures at European level.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Οι τουρκικές θηριωδίες στη Συρία αντιγράφουν 1974… θα έρθουν και δυτικά
- Greek budget recorded primary surplus of 4.479 billion euros in Jan-Sept
- AUSA 2019: Έκτη παρουσία της ελληνικής αμυντικής βιομηχανίας
- AUSA 2019: Sixth presence of the Greek defense industry
- German firm TeamViewer opens new center in Ioannina