In it's newly published "Heath at a Glance: Europe 2014" report, the OECD ranked Greece 13th, regarding life expectancy rates.
In Greece, the figure has increased to 80.7 years, while the average lifespan for the EU28 is marked at 79.2 years. Spain scored first place with 82.5 years, with Italy and France following.
Greece surpassed the lifetime rate of EU members including Lithuania, Bulgaria and Romania. The OECD analysis confirmed that Greece's life expectancy rate mirrored the comparable increase within the EU as a whole, with an average surge of over 5 years beginning in 1990.
- Greece’s new tourism campaign to focus on new markets, affluent travelers
- Greek, Bulgarian Energy ministers welcome signing of IGB pipeline agreement in Sofia
- What Mike Pompeo’s visit means: Greece will fight its next war alone
- Greek Exports: Losses because of US tariffs against EU
- AIPAC: The US considers Cyprus, Greece, Israel three reliable partners