In it's newly published "Heath at a Glance: Europe 2014" report, the OECD ranked Greece 13th, regarding life expectancy rates.
In Greece, the figure has increased to 80.7 years, while the average lifespan for the EU28 is marked at 79.2 years. Spain scored first place with 82.5 years, with Italy and France following.
Greece surpassed the lifetime rate of EU members including Lithuania, Bulgaria and Romania. The OECD analysis confirmed that Greece's life expectancy rate mirrored the comparable increase within the EU as a whole, with an average surge of over 5 years beginning in 1990.
- Greece voted best beach holiday destination for 2019
- Austrian Airlines announces more flights to Greece in the summer of 2020
- Tsipras calls for more EU sanctions and a tougher stance against Turkey
- Greece and Cyprus hold firm stance against Turkish provocations
- EU approves 4.5-mln aid to restore damage on W. Crete from February floods