The City of New York has issued an announcement concerning Legionnaire's disease and the true dimensions of an issue that has taken larger than life dimensions among the public. Read the announcement below and check out the relevant video.
New Yorkers --
Here are the facts on Legionnaires' disease:
- There have been no new cases with onset of symptoms since August 3
- Legionnaires' disease is NOT contagious and is treated with antibiotics
- More than two-thirds of those infected and treated have already been discharged from the hospital
- Tap water is safe for drinking, washing, and bathing
- We have contained this outbreak and we're working to prevent further outbreaks from occurring