According to epiruspost.gr, in the last few hours the tension in the Albanian city of Himara rises dangerously as dozens of the members of the indigenous Greek minority of the area have been brought to the police station.
It all began last Friday, when the Himara City Council would ratify in a meeting the government’s decision to “rebuild” the area, an plans that is equivalent to the confiscation of the property belonging to the minority and the demolition buildings.
Approximately two hundred members of the Greek minority of Himara tried to attend the meeting, which was advertised as open to all. At the initiative of the mayor, police intervened and prevented their entry. The meeting was canceled and the Albanian police took over the action.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Was protester attacked by Macron top aide Greek?
- Anarchist collective Rouvikonas attack Psychico tax office
- Επίθεση Ρουβίκωνα στη ΔΟΥ Ψυχικού
- Στη 2η θέση στη λίστα των ευρωπαϊκών χωρών με τις περισσότερες καθυστερήσεις πτήσεων η Ελλάδα
- Κοτζιάς: Η εποχή που θεωρούνταν διπλωματία το να κάνεις την κότα πέρασε