With the Greek and US national anthems, the celebrations of the 242nd anniversary of America’s July 4 Independence Day started at the ambassador's house in Athens on Tuesday.
During his speech, US Ambassador to Greece Geoffrey Pyatt referred to the strong bonds between Greece and the US.
“ Nick and Mary Mathews are great examples of both Greek resilience and of how Greece and America have stood together over the years, joined by our common experiences and values,” he said.
"We are celebrating how our founding fathers declared independence, taking the first step toward the creation of a nation defined not by language, geography, or religion - but by our democratic values.”
As Greece starts to recover, the US will help the country on its course, said the ambassador, who also referred to investments.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Ο Αρχιεπίσκοπος Δημήτριος και μέλη της Συνόδου επισκέφτηκαν τον Αγιο Νικόλαο στο "Σημείο Μηδέν"
- Archbishop Demetrios and Synod members visit St. Nicholas at WTC
- Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αλβανίας Αναστάσιος: Τιμή σε έναν μεγάλο Έλληνα
- Ελικόπτερο συνετρίβη στο κατάστρωμα του USS Ronald Reagan
- US to protect ExxonMobil operations in Mediterranean