Questions have been raised by the decision to change at the last minute the location of the closed reception of Alexis Tsipras and Nikos Kotzias for members of the diaspora in the USA.
According to information, the reception will not be held at the consulate, but in a hotel, which can only be approached by those who have accreditation.
In particular, the consulate sent a mail to those who were invited to the event, informing that some modifications had been made to the program and that the event would eventually take place at the Millennium Hilton NY1, UN Plaza, New York, NY 10017, at the Diplomat Ballroom.
The mail writes that as the United Nations General Assembly is in progress, access to the hotel is only from certain roads, and it can not be reached by car and it takes a to walk of about 2 minutes, while guests will have to have their identity and the invitation in order to be able to get through access control.
According to unconfirmed information from the other side of the Atlantic, the decision to change the reception was made by the government side in fear of reaction from the Greek community to the Macedonian issue.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Οι τουρκικές θηριωδίες στη Συρία αντιγράφουν 1974… θα έρθουν και δυτικά
- Greek budget recorded primary surplus of 4.479 billion euros in Jan-Sept
- AUSA 2019: Έκτη παρουσία της ελληνικής αμυντικής βιομηχανίας
- AUSA 2019: Sixth presence of the Greek defense industry
- German firm TeamViewer opens new center in Ioannina