The American Hellenic Institute (AHI) hosted the military chiefs of Greece and the Republic of Cyprus during separate events held October 17, 2018.
AHI organized a breakfast briefing with Admiral Evangelos Apostolakis, chief of the Hellenic National Defense General Staff, for a small group of AHI members and supporters at the Capital Hilton.
AHI President Nick Larigakis led the discussion and commended Greece for being a valued and reliable NATO ally. Admiral Apostolakis presented the security challenges in the region that Greece and its allies and partners face and the role Greece plays to provide security and stability. He also discussed Greece’s enhanced defense cooperation with the United States.
Ambassador of Greece to the U.S. Haris Lalacos, Colonel Vasileios Lampropoulos, Defense attaché, Commodore Frangkiskos Leloudas, and Commander Nicholas Mamounas accompanied Admiral Apostolakis.
Additionally, AHI facilitated a private roundtable discussion for Admiral Apostolakis attended by 24 policy analysts and researchers at the Atlantic Council, an international affairs think tank, October 15.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Μητσοτάκης: Δεν υπάρχουν περιθώρια για χαλαρή ψήφο - Βέμπερ: Οταν θα ξανάρθω θα είσαι πρωθυπουργός
- Alabama Becomes 49th U.S. State to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
- FAZ: Χρηματίστηκαν βουλευτές στα Σκόπια από το ελληνικό υπουργείο Εξωτερικών;
- African dust chokes Athens
- Turkey to buy fighter jets from elsewhere if US refuses to sell it F-35s